Ho Ho Ho Song And Other Whacky Holiday Favorites, The
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, Paul Jennings, and John Riggio
More and more we hear that teachers are using Boomwhackers® in the classroom and in their holiday programs. Not only are these colorful tuned tubes educational, they are lots of fun to play and lots of fun to watch.
This collection features some of our favorite holiday arrangements from the pages of Music K-8 magazine:
- Whacky Old St. Nicholas (The Ho Ho Ho Song) - Here's an easy way to get your holiday performance rockin'! Your audience is sure to recognize this fun parody. And your students will have lots of fun performing it. Our arrangement is flexible enough to suit any size group. There are even two written Boomwhacker® parts so that more kids can get involved (the second Boomwhacker® part is optional, though). Pick a few rock 'n' roll Santas to play "air Boomwhackers®" along with the audio recording. It's sure to be a hit!
- Carol Of The Boomwhackers® - This "whacky" disco arrangement of "Carol Of The Drum" is perfect for use with those wonderful, pitched plastic tubes. Add some Travolta-inspired moves (using the Boomwhackers® themselves), a few disco era outfits, and you'll have a ready-made performance highlight.
- O Whacky Christmas Tree - Most students will immediately recognize the "flavor" of the opening sounds of this distinctive arrangement of "O Christmas Tree." We have blended an optional vocal melody with the Boomwhackers® for lots of fun and holiday spirit.
- Whacky March From The Nutcracker - What a natural for Boomwhackers® and kazoos! We took the opening theme of the march from The Nutcracker and added a few touches to make it a better way to feature your young players and their Boomwhackers®. Have fun with this one any time of year!
- Whacky Gobbler - This hip hop funk tune is easy to sing and very repetitive with a neat, bluesy progression. It's a whacky song about a whacky turkey who just likes to gobble. The tune just cries out for at least one costumed turkey, and the style inspires movement.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 40.6MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/