We Wish You A Swingin' Holiday! And Other Joyous Favorites
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings and Paul Jennings
A Collection For Young Voices
Swing into the holidays with some of your favorite festive songs from the pages of Music K-8 magazine. Whether you're preparing for a performance or just celebrating the joy of the season, these songs will inspire, challenge, and invigorate everyone along the way.
- We Wish You A Swingin' Holiday! - This clever, high-powered partner song is a real showstopper! Loosely based on "We Wish You A Merry Christmas," this ingenious concoction turns the song into a great swing tune with a ver-r-ry proper chorale-like center section. For the second verse, a scat-like partner is introduced which is a lot of fun to perform, and the third time through these two are combined for a fine finale.
- A Song Of Peace - The message is so sweet, so simple, and yet so profound. Showcase a soloist or two in this beautiful song that would be right at home in your winter program. The chorus is unison with the option of adding a second part.
- Celebrate With Joy! - Great for November and December, or anytime you just want to celebrate, this lively and cheerful tune will get everyone going. The song has a great rhythm that is sung in unison with an optional second part that adds a little spice to the sound.
- An Old-Fashioned Holiday - This gorgeous song was created as a homage to all those marvelous old Christmas ballads of long ago. It refers gently to pieces of lyrics here and there that most of us will recognize. It's a simple melody to learn and very memorable. It is not holiday specific, though it does manage to inspire that warm and fuzzy seasonal feeling and mention many familiar elements of the season.
- I Hear Those Jingle Bells - There may be other partner songs for "Jingle Bells" out there, but there aren't any like this one! Set in a singable swing style, this hilarious tune tells a tale as it moves along to amazing recorded tracks that include a real jazz band, real strings, and sound effects at just the right places in the story.
- Christmas In America - In an easy-going country style, this unison song praises the universal ideas of Christmas like giving, sharing time with family and loved ones, and just the friendly atmosphere of the season.
- Christmas In Any Language - Written in a very joyful style, this song would make a perfect opener or closer for any Christmas concert. Though syncopated, the melody is still quite simple and easily learned. The world beat and optional foreign language greetings add an international flavor and lots of fun (and cross-curricular opportunities). There's plenty of flexibility in this song, so you can tailor it to any class or situation.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Downloadable. Download is 88.8MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/