Songs Of The Jurassic
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings
Dinosaurs have long been fascinating for kids of all ages. This amazing collection features seven original songs that are educational and thought provoking and that children will love to sing. Includes:
- Jaws Of The Jurassic - This is probably one of the most popular songs we have ever published, at least with the kids. It can be as simple or as complex as you wish to make it, from unison to a simple 3-part. And it works well for male voices that are changed, unchanged, or changing.
- Pterosaur - Giant wings carry the ancient creature as it soars gracefully high above as your children are singing this captivating song. It captures all the enchantment of a prehistoric era.
- Thunder Lizard - If you close your eyes, you can almost see the processional of brontosauruses (apatosauruses) marching to the volcanic mountains in the distance, thunder cracking overhead, the earth shaking beneath their feet.
- 'Raptor Rap - Dino fans know just how nasty this smart dinosaur was, and this atmospheric rap tune lets your students have fun telling about velociraptors.
- Ancient Armor - This unique song stars armored giants such as the ankylosaurus, creatures who were gentle plant eaters. The song itself has a distinctive "medieval rock" style. And the recording is truly awesome.
- T. Rex In The Neighborhood - So what would you do if you discovered a T. Rex coming down the block? Full of sound effects, this catchy hip-hop style tune has proven to be a favorite of kids all over the country.
- The Comet - As any knowledgeable young dinosaur aficionado can tell you, one of the theories about how and why the dinosaurs died out is based on the belief that a comet collided with the earth some 65 million years ago causing widespread devastation. An ethereal mixture of organic sound effects and distant pulses bring this song about that possibility to life for young singers.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDFs and Performance/
Both Print and Downloadable: Download is 146.8MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/