Food, Gleefulous Food!
From Plank Road Publishingby John Riggio and Teresa Jennings
A Yummy Collection For Young Voices
Some of our most inventive, fun-loving tunes have been about food. Comfort foods... Favorite foods... Foods that kids love so much they just have to sing about them. In this collection we bring together many of our greatest songs about food from the first 20 years of Music K-8 magazine. Whether you do them one at a time or all together in one program, this is a smorgasbord of tunes you will use for years. It includes:
- The Apple Song - What an infectiously happy tune! Full of 32 different apples and loads of fun.
- Pizza Love - Here's a classic Motown-style love song... about pizza! Listen to it and you'll know why it has become such a favorite.
- Grandma's Chicken Soup - This lively bluegrass tune is fun to sing, and the suggested movements make it great for the classroom and performances.
- Jelly Bean Blues - The blues are about trials and tribulations, so you can feel the tragedy in this tale of jelly beans melting in a kid's pocket. Sad... and hilarious!
- Ode To A Marshmallow - Light and very singable, this tune follows the journey to the perfect roasted marshmallow... with a few problems along the way.
- The Pasta Song - Set as a classic Italian tarantella, this bouncy song walks us through the glories of various kinds of pasta. Yum!
- Guacamole! - Full of upbeat Latin jazz, this simple, exciting song is a natural for movement and joy. And it's a perfect way to let your students play along with hand percussion like shakers, guiros, cowbells, and more.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & P/A CD
Downloadable component has 2 files - 31.4MB and 26.1MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/