Food, Gleefulous Food!
From Plank Road Publishingby John Riggio and Teresa Jennings
A Yummy Collection For Young Voices
Some of our most inventive, fun-loving tunes have been about food. Comfort foods... Favorite foods... Foods that kids love so much they just have to sing about them. Whether you do them one at a time or all together in one program, this is a smorgasbord of tunes you will use for years. It includes:
- The Apple Song - What an infectiously happy tune! Full of 32 different apples and loads of fun.
- Pizza Love - Here's a classic Motown-style love song... about pizza! Listen to it and you'll know why it has become such a favorite.
- Grandma's Chicken Soup - This lively bluegrass tune is fun to sing, and the suggested movements make it great for the classroom and performances.
- Jelly Bean Blues - The blues are about trials and tribulations, so you can feel the tragedy in this tale of jelly beans melting in a kid's pocket. Sad... and hilarious!
- Ode To A Marshmallow - Light and very singable, this tune follows the journey to the perfect roasted marshmallow... with a few problems along the way.
- The Pasta Song - Set as a classic Italian tarantella, this bouncy song walks us through the glories of various kinds of pasta. Yum!
- Guacamole! - Full of upbeat Latin jazz, this simple, exciting song is a natural for movement and joy. And it's a perfect way to let your students play along with hand percussion like shakers, guiros, cowbells, and more.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & P/A CD
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 58.4MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/