Cool Songs That Teach And Entertain
From Plank Road Publishingby John Riggio
from the pages of Music K-8 magazine
For years now, John Riggio's fun-loving, energetic, and clever songs have been entertaining and educating kids from all walks of life. His unique style and interesting topics really get students involved and curious about what they are singing. John's songs prove without a doubt that singing and learning can be fun.
We are very proud to offer this collection of eight songs that represent everything from science and technology to music and history, and even dessert making! John's melodies and motivating arrangements are guaranteed to get kids excited, interested, and involved. Contents of this cool collection are:
- Ride My Bicycle - Ah, the joys of riding a bicycle - especially when you're a kid. John's song has captured that feeling. Kids will really get into the easy-to-learn melody and the syncopated nature of the chorus.
- Chocolate Sundae - What could be more fun than singing about a chocolate sundae? Well, building one that's big enough to be seen by the naked eye from orbit might come close. This piece is easy to sing and makes for a delicious performance.
- The Ballad Of Johnny Appleseed - The history of John Chapman, aka "Johnny Appleseed," unfolds in this nifty song. The style is bluegrass, and the accompaniment comes complete with guitar, banjo, mandolin, spoons, washboard, and fiddle.
- Is There Life On Mars? - Pondering life on "The Red Planet" has long been a subject of curiosity for earthlings. This incredible song has an air of mystery and majesty combined with ethereal, out-of-this-worldly synths and sound effects. Your students definitely won't space out on this one!
- Play The Drum - This fun-filled piece features a number of Latin and African percussion instruments, as well as humorous sound effects for your students' enjoyment.
- It's Science! - This great song is going to be a favorite with your kids the moment they hear it. The rock-style rhythm section really makes it cook.
- Air Guitar - Something we've seen most children do is play the "air guitar." They hear a song they like, and their hands rise up to embrace the invisible, yet familiar instrument. Your students will have an opportunity to show their "air jamming" talents with this lively rock piece.
- Surfin' The 'Net - What better way to get your kids excited about the wonders of the Internet than with this beach rock song? It features an early '60s style rock band, complete with background beach guy vocalists!
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDFs and Performance/
Both Print and Downloadable versions. Downloadable component is 106.2MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/