Old-Fashioned Christmas, An
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings and Paul Jennings
Bring the past into the present with the nostalgic flavor of this evocative revue. Centering around familiar Christmas traditions, the music and script help to bring the Christmases of yesteryear to your students and audience. This uniquely versatile revue grabs everyone in the room and immerses them in Christmas throughout the performance.
The revue is anchored with several arrangements of familiar tunes, each of which includes these features:
- Traditional, simple arrangements with optional second parts
- Appropriate for optional audience sing-along, and lyrics provided for use in programs or as projectables, which are also provided
- Accompaniments that are playable on the piano, though the orchestrations on the Performance/Accompaniment recordings are rich and striking.Rehearsal tracks are also provided for the optional second parts.
In addition to the anchor songs, there are original songs tied to holiday traditions, including a special new song for your youngest singers.
The revue is held together with narration, which is adaptable for any number of speakers, and some segments have underscores, available on the recording, but also arranged so that they can be played by students as a live underscore.
To adapt the revue for your program, we include opportunities for you to customize the experience, letting you feature soloists, instrumental groups, and songs you bring in from other sources.
As with all of our revues and musicals, there is a thoughtfully designed Teacher's Guide, with lots of suggestions for making a great performance. Also included are reproducible Singer's Parts, lyric sheets, posters, and program covers.
An Old-Fashioned Christmas includes:
- A Christmas Fanfare
- Deck The Halls
- An Old-Fashioned Christmas
- O Christmas Tree
- Santa Claus
- Jingle Bells
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas
- O How Joyfully (O Sanctissima)
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts and Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 89.3MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/