Season Of Partner Songs, A
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings and Paul Jennings
A Joyful Collection For Young Voices
Over the many years of Music K-8 magazine, we have created a variety of unique partner songs for the winter season to use in your music curriculum. Whatever the age group and whether a large group or small, this collection provides plenty of options for your classroom and performances. Songs include:
- I Hear Those Jingle Bells - What a refreshing arrangement of this seasonal favorite. Start with the familiar lyrics sung as a swing tune with a big band accompaniment. Add in part 2 as a completely new and silly, but simple addition and you've got a lot of fun!
- Dona Nobis Pacem - This song has all kinds of positives: it can be seasonal or not seasonal; it can be secular or sacred; it can complement any program; and the subject is peace. The arrangement is a three-part partner song, and each part is simple and repetitive.
- A Perfect Winter Day - Two opposing viewpoints of "A Perfect Winter Day" are what this amusing partner song is all about. Part 1 celebrates the optimist's view and it is sung with joy and glee. Part 2 reveals with humor the "other" side of winter.
- Winter In The Country - A little folksy and very simple to learn, each part of this partner song stands well by itself, but they sound great when combined.
- Shalom - While shalom is recognized as a traditional Jewish greeting or farewell, it is a Hebrew word which literally means "peace." This is a wonderful theme for winter and holiday performances and it includes optional sign language.
- Rules For Christmas - This upbeat swing tune is not only a great choice for a holiday program, it's also just plain fun to sing whether you're having a program or not. As a teaching extension, you may want to explore the music of Count Basie and what it means when it says "a la Basie" at the top of this song.
- Where Is The Peace? - This song is guaranteed to provide a memorable moment in any performance. The lyrics are about living together in peace and both melodies are natural for singers of any age.
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 70.7MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/