Partner Songs For Young Voices
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings
Partner songs are the best way to build independence in young singers and they are lots of fun to sing. Those of you who have taught and performed Teresa's partner songs know that they are wonderful and an outstanding tool to use with your kids. So many "educational" partner songs sound contrived and unmelodic, but not these - each tune is singable and enjoyable on its own. This valuable resource includes:
- Seasons Change - Great any time of year, this beautiful creation is memorable from the opening penny whistle solo to the culmination of the two combined melodies.
- Sing Of Joy! - With an underpinning of Bach's Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring, this rare 3-part partner song builds to a rich finale, and is great for making younger choirs sound more mature.
- I Like To Sing (Scat) - Accompanied by an awesome big band, this jazzy tune is easy to learn and fun to perform, combining a singing verse and a neat scat. The kids will love it!
- Yodelady - This one is a hoot! One verse is rap/hip hop, and one is yodeling/polka-like... combine them at your own risk and have a lot of fun, tuba and all.
- An Upstanding Citizen - We've heard that this energetic tune is a favorite of many groups, and with its unique '30s jazz style and positive lyrics, we understand why.
- Sitting Around The Campfire - Great as a beginning partner song, this folk-style tune is good any time of the year, and its rich accompaniment makes you want to sing.
- Warm-Up In Gee (And Gosh Golly) - Actually, Teresa and Paul stole this, er, uh, classic from the semi-renowned Wolfbane Armadillo Mozart and his writing partner, Prunehilda Matata Mozart... and that should tell you something about this wacky, crazily orchestrated 3-part partner song that really is a neat warm-up, if your singers can keep from laughing. Be sure to hear it on our web site!
- A Teacher's Handbook with playable Piano/Vocal parts.
- Reproducible Student Parts with full rights to make as many copies as you need.
- A high quality audio recording featuring world-class players and two versions of each song: full performance and accompaniment only.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Downloadable component has 2 files: 34.2MB and 28.7MB