Songs For A Merry Christmas
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, Mike Wilson, and Paul Jennings
Holiday songs that will make for a very Merry Christmas!
Whether you're trying to get your singers and audience into the holiday spirit or just give them something new and festive to liven things up, you'll appreciate this collection of winter holiday favorites from Music K-8 magazine. These songs are great for warm-ups, performances, sing-alongs, movement, added percussion or easy recorder, cross curricular study, and more.
This collection includes:
- Deck The Halls - Inspire a joyous Christmas mood with a 2-part arrangement (second part optional) of a traditional Christmas song in one of our rich, full orchestral recordings.
- Piñata - Piñatas are lots of fun, so it'll be no surprise that your kids will really like this catchy Latin tune.
- Noel - This traditional sounding Christmas tune can be used as a vocal warm-up and/or as a performance piece.
- Canción De La Navidad - This festive song allows you to say "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year" in two languages. The unison melody is easy to learn and will give your students an opportunity to use the Spanish language.
- Red And Green - This piece is a great showcase for various talents. While there are numerous options for performance, the main fun of the tune is with red and green scarves which coincide with the theme of the song.
- Christmas Wishes - Take your kids and audience on a nostalgic journey back to the mid-1960s. This song incorporates the instrumentation and orchestral style of the era including brushes, acoustic bass and guitar, piano, percussion, and strings.
- We Wish You A Merry Christmas - We've done many variations on this classic Christmas tune, but this is the first time we've done a traditional one! So here it is. It's fully orchestrated with chord progressions that are familiar, so you could even invite your audience to sing along.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable component has 2 files - 24.8MB and 22.1MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/