Season Of Joy, A
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings and Paul Jennings
Teresa's originals and Paul's arrangements of seasonal songs have made them very popular with teachers worldwide. This collection brings together a rich blend of favorite songs in a variety of styles, and as always, the recordings are state-of-the-art.
A Season Of Joy includes:
- Season Of Joy! - Great as an opener or closer, this upbeat song is full of folk-flavored charm and a full orchestra to add depth.
- I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day - This lush arrangement of the favorite old Christmas classic is backed by a richly scored brass ensemble.
- A Perfect Winter Day - Accompanied by an awesome big band, this jazzy tune is a great example of Teresa's skillful, tuneful partner songs. Give it a listen and you will discover its wonderful charm and witty humor!
- I Wish - This song may be used any time of the year, but it is particularly poignant during the holiday season when the subjects of charity and peace are so prominent. The lyrics speak of kindness and child-like purity of heart.
- Yankee Doodle Santa - It could be a "pull-out-all-the-stops" finale, but it will also provide lots of fun for any part of your winter performances.
- Here We Come A-Caroling - The joy in this bouncy arrangement is in the beautifully played brass and percussion that bespeaks another period while staying fresh every time you hear it.
- Peace On Earth - Set in an infectious gospel style, this moving selection proved to be very popular with schools. The verse is meant to be sung by soloists, up to four of them, with the full ensemble joining in for the chorus.
This is a valuable choral resource that you will be using for years to come. You'll receive:
- A Director's Handbook with playable Piano/Vocal parts
- Reproducible Vocal Parts with full rights to make as many copies as you need for your singers
- an audio recording with two versions of each song: full performance and accompaniment only, and high quality recordings with world-class players.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Director's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & P/A CD
Downloadable component has 2 files - 35.4MB and 33.7MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/