Have A Whacky Year
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, John Riggio, Mike Wilson, and Karl Hitzemann
Boomwhackers® have proven to be an incredible tool for engaging even the most difficult to reach students. This Boomwhacker® collection of six exciting songs comes from Volume 15 of Music K-8 magazine. Includes:
- Whacky Ogre - This ogre is indeed a little whacky in that he enjoys playing Boomwhackers®. To make it even more fun, we have included a variety of non-pitched percussion instruments as well (all optional). The basic groove is included at the beginning of the song and continues throughout.
- Red Boomwhacker® - Here's a very, very simple Boomwhacker® tune for your youngest players. It features everyone's favorite Boomwhacker® - the red one! Which also happens to be a C. This song can be performed with any of the C's you have - the high C, middle C, or if you have Bass Boomwhackers®, the low C.
- Whacky Gobbler - This hip hop funk tune is easy to sing and very repetitive with a neat, bluesy progression. It's a whacky song about a whacky turkey who just likes to gobble. The tune just cries out for at least one costumed turkey. The style will also inspire movement.
- Whacky Workout #1 - Every note of the C diatonic scale is incorporated in this "workout" for Boomwhackers®. This rock tune, which features a really cool rhythm section and synths, will give ample opportunity for your students to read and play together.
- Supremely Whacky - "Supremely Whacky" imitates some smash Motown hits from the '60s by a certain "supreme" group. And you can use that connection to give your students a bit of history about this truly American music style.
- Have A Whacky Day - This song features Boomwhackers® and singers. And it gives your students a chance to have fun and act "whacky." The main part of the song is a call and response. The "call" part is the singers and the "response" part is the Boomwhackers®. The middle section has the Boomwhackers® and the singers performing together. It's a lot of fun!
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 38.6MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/