Have A Whacky Year
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, John Riggio, Mike Wilson, and Karl Hitzemann
Boomwhackers® have proven to be an incredible tool for engaging even the most difficult to reach students. This Boomwhacker® collection of six exciting songs comes from Volume 15 of Music K-8 magazine. Includes:
- Whacky Ogre - This ogre is indeed a little whacky in that he enjoys playing Boomwhackers®. To make it even more fun, we have included a variety of non-pitched percussion instruments as well (all optional). The basic groove is included at the beginning of the song and continues throughout.
- Red Boomwhacker® - Here's a very, very simple Boomwhacker® tune for your youngest players. It features everyone's favorite Boomwhacker® - the red one! Which also happens to be a C. This song can be performed with any of the C's you have - the high C, middle C, or if you have Bass Boomwhackers®, the low C.
- Whacky Gobbler - This hip hop funk tune is easy to sing and very repetitive with a neat, bluesy progression. It's a whacky song about a whacky turkey who just likes to gobble. The tune just cries out for at least one costumed turkey. The style will also inspire movement.
- Whacky Workout #1 - Every note of the C diatonic scale is incorporated in this "workout" for Boomwhackers®. This rock tune, which features a really cool rhythm section and synths, will give ample opportunity for your students to read and play together.
- Supremely Whacky - "Supremely Whacky" imitates some smash Motown hits from the '60s by a certain "supreme" group. And you can use that connection to give your students a bit of history about this truly American music style.
- Have A Whacky Day - This song features Boomwhackers® and singers. And it gives your students a chance to have fun and act "whacky." The main part of the song is a call and response. The "call" part is the singers and the "response" part is the Boomwhackers®. The middle section has the Boomwhackers® and the singers performing together. It's a lot of fun!
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
About the Convenience Combo Kit The Convenience Combo Kit includes both the Kit with CD and the Downloadable Kit.
About the Audio RecordingsAudio recordings contain full performance and accompaniment only (instrumental) tracks.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Downloadable. Download is 38.6MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/