Whacky Do Re Mi And Other Boomwhacker® Favorites
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings and Paul Jennings
A Collection For Boomwhackers®, Voices, And Other Instruments
We've featured several songs in Music K-8 that use Boomwhackers®, and they have turned out to be some of our most popular songs ever. We've assembled them in this collection. The songs are:
- Whacky Do Re Mi - Here's a new and "whacky" way to teach solfege! Your students will have a great time singing and moving to the beat.
- Whomp Out Loud - The idea of this song is to make a whole lot of musical sound "out loud." It's a concept borrowed from the performing group Stomp. It's written for voices, Boomwhackers®, and non-pitched "found" percussion. Add these newly created sounds to the Boomwhackers® (and the recording), and you'll have quite an amazing percussive event.
- Ten Little Robots - This neat piece is written for voices and Boomwhackers®. It works well as a counting song, and it inspires creative learning and originality.
- 2001 Kazoos - We've re-orchestrated the opening to the dramatic tone poem Also Sprach Zarathustra to include kazoos and Boomwhackers®!
- Whacky Sounds - This incredibly fun piece uses the building and unbuilding technique by combining voices and Boomwhackers®. It's entertaining and challenging for kids to learn which pitches are theirs and when they should play.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
About the Convenience Combo Kit The Convenience Combo Kit includes both the Kit with CD and the Downloadable Kit.
About the Audio RecordingsAudio recordings contain full performance and accompaniment only (instrumental) tracks.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 38.9MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/