Songs For Autumn
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, John Riggio, and Paul Jennings
A Creative Collection For Young Voices
Over the years we have written some tasty tunes to sing along with this super season. In this unique collection you will find the following great songs:
- An Autumn-ish Feelin' - This super happy song is upbeat and enthusiastic, and a lot of fun to sing. Done in a pop/rock style, with an optional second part, use this song in your classroom for the joy of it or in a performance setting, maybe adding some movement and color with scarves or ribbons if you like.
- I Like The Colors Of The Fall - Though this song is quite simple, it's also very cute and funny. The real humor comes from the contrast between the oblivious singers and the commentator. They are blithely adoring the colors of the fall, no matter how frustrated the speaker gets. Your challenge may be getting them to continue singing without giggling!
- Autumn Leaf - In our homage to the season, we bring you this lovely Latin piece. The happy, upbeat rhythm and melody are easy to read and learn and help reinforce your study of syncopation. The melody begins as a unison line and splits into an optional divisi at the chorus.
- Amblin' Down An Autumn Avenue - Here's a great song to use with your autumn performances. It's an easy-goin' swing tune with a big band/string accompaniment. Despite the complexity of the background instrumentals, the vocals are all unison and have very simple lyrics.
- Apple On A Stick - A perfect tune for an autumn performance, this song hearkens back to one of the simple pleasures of yesteryear – caramel apples! This being a soft-shoe piece, it swings. Besides being totally delightful and happy to sing, this song also has an optional section where your singers get to whistle.
- There Is No Time Like The Autumn - If you liked our winter partner song "A Perfect Winter Day" you will enjoy our autumnal partners in this country/folk style setting. The first part is introduced by itself the first time through, with the second part stating its case on the repeat. A third time through the song allows the two parts to combine.
- Every Autumn - Here's a poetic look at this idyllic season, when school begins and the landscape is ripe with vibrant colors. The song has some syncopation, but after listening to the recording, we feel certain your singers will pick it up easily. There are also a few divisis in the song, all of which are optional.
- Autumnal Equinox - This tune certainly has a lot going for it! Set in a delicious pop/Latin style, this energetic piece is cross-curricular, teaching facts about the equinox, and it lends itself easily to simple movement ("If you like autumn, put your hands in the air!"). Plus, we're pretty sure your kids will relate to the pop vibe and want to move.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 66.6MB.
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/