We Love Our Veterans
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, Karl Hitzemann, John Riggio, and Mike Wilson
Songs That Honor Those Who Served
From the pages of Music K-8 magazine comes this new collection of songs that honor our very important and much loved veterans. You'll be amazed at the wide variety of styles included with these seven songs, which were written especially for those who have bravely served our country. We Love Our Veterans includes:
- The Brave - Using his awesome Celtic style, John Riggio has created an inspiring tribute to our veterans and troops. The accompaniment recording features lots of drums, fiery strings, fiddle, penny whistle, bodhrán, acoustic guitar, and mandolin while the singers' part is fairly easy. There is an adventurous, rollicking feel from start to finish.
- Thank You To Our Veterans - Though it is very short and simple, this song has a lot to say. Written specifically for your youngest singers, the message of gratitude for our veterans is clear and heartfelt. After all, it's never too early to instill the importance of appreciation and respect for those who put their lives on the line for our country.
- Sacrifices Made - The purpose of this folk style song is to honor our veterans. It focuses on the sacrifices they made by intentionally choosing to step up when duty called. The recorded accompaniment incorporates only acoustic stringed instruments. You'll hear a hammer dulcimer, acoustic guitars, banjo, mandolin, acoustic bass, and a string section. This laid-back, two-beat song is straightforward to learn and all in unison.
- Veterans' March - Gratitude is a sentiment that never gets old, especially when it comes to our veterans. This simple, happy march allows your students to show their appreciation on Veterans Day or any time you find it appropriate. It's easy to sing and easy to learn, and repetitious enough for even your young ones to join in.
- Because Of You - For Veterans Day celebrations and ceremonies, many of you have asked for something lighter like this and we think the message of gratitude to our veterans and troops is loud and clear, doo wops and all.
- On Veterans Day - "You sacrificed to serve our nation. You make us proud in many ways. Because of you we have our freedom. We honor you on Vet'rans Day." This song is a moving, poignant tribute and "thank you" to all those who have served and who are serving our nation. The recorded symphonic tracks include a moving blend of strings, woodwinds, piano, and percussion that rise and fall with the emotion of the tune.
- Veterans, We Love You - This lively patriotic rock march is full of drums and brass in the recorded accompaniment, and is perfect for pageantry if you're so inclined. Though this song is simple enough to be used by young singers in unison, it works very nicely for your older students as well, thanks to the optional solos and second part.
All versions now available!
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 83.6MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/