From Plank Road Publishing
by Teresa Jennings
Hoppin' Tunes For Young Voices
Ah, springtime... A time of renewal and rebirth... and bunnies! Over the years, Teresa has created some wonderful songs about bunnies in Music K-8 magazine, songs that are great for spring and that your kids will keep coming back to year in and year out. There are rock tunes, and jazz tunes, and country/folk tunes, and Broadway style tunes, and a few styles in between. But they are all funny and all about bunnies!
This fun-loving collection includes:
- The Bunny Boogie - The beat, the chord changes, the swinging eighth notes - these are infectious to kids. This unison song is great for movement, because kids can't hold still when they sing a good boogie woogie blues tune.
- A Bouncing Baby Bunny - Written with your youngest singers in mind, this simple and light tune is perfect for spring or Easter performances. It's a bit of a story about a bunny who doesn't just hop, he bounces! A costumed star bunny could steal the show with this song.
- Hip Hop Bunny - Here's a song about a bunny who's into hip hop. Even the youngest singers will feel the groove and move along easily right away. The cute part of the song comes when students speculate what else (besides hip hop) a bunny should do.
- Ten Little Bunnies - This is a super-easy spring or Easter tune for your youngest singers who may also be learning to count. Actually, make that learning to count backwards. From ten. Even so, it's catchy, short, and lots of fun to sing.
- Hoppin' Guy - Your students and audience will enjoy this big band jazz tune. The lyrics and melody are quite simple, so you could probably use this with a wide range of ages. Listening to the recorded accompaniment will help them hear and feel the swing style.
- Bunny, Go Away! - The melody of this story song is unison, easy, and repetitious so that singers can learn it quickly. Let some or all of your students dress as gardeners, and one or more dress as bunnies as they sing.
- Funny Bunny - Our star bunny is featured in a hoppin' rock 'n' roll setting. His silliness is the focus as he rides buffaloes and wears designer clothes, among other things. Your students will get a kick out of his antics as they learn and sing the very simple and repetitious lyrics.
Whether you are planning a spring performance or need something all your students can relate to, it's just plain fun to sing about BUNNIES!
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts and Performance/Accompaniment CD
Downloadable component has 2 files - 21.8MB and 22.4MB