Silly Songs & Crazy Critters
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings and Paul Jennings
Sometimes it's just fun to be silly, let your guard down, and hang out with some crazy critters. This terrific collection brings together eight hits from the pages of Music K-8 magazine that will help you do just that. You and your students will have a wonderful time entertaining audiences with these clever songs. This fun-loving collection includes:
- The Cow Says, "Meow!" - It's silly fun with each verse revealing a new animal saying the wrong thing. You can let your students be as outrageous as they like with this call and response song.
- Do The Igor - Igor's catchy rock tune is great for Halloween or fun for movement any time of the year. Let your students disco with Igor.
- The Groundhog Galop - In this lively song, our groundhog is galloping after his shadow accompanied by a terrific full orchestra doing a traditional galop. What fun!
- The Bunny Boogie - When this bunny starts boogying, you just have to move with him... which is what it's all about! Sung in unison and geared to any age group, this tune will be a hit at a spring concert... or when your students have an excess of energy.
- Hard-Boiled Egg - Campy and funky, this rap tune is a real student favorite. Schools that have done it say the kids can't get enough of it... even those hard-to-please 5th and 6th grade boys!
- A Mouse And A Moose And A Little Green Frog - These critters make funny sounds and play percussion. It's easy enough for your younger singers to learn and they will have lots of fun coming up with their own sound effects.
- John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt And Friends - What a fun-loving way to learn about dynamics. And the real surprise is that when things get very quiet, in come his web-footed friends with the end of "The Stars And Stripes Forever."
The Teacher's Handbook features each song with accompaniment, as well as reproducible Student Parts and illustrated lyric pages which come with full rights to reproduce, perform, and use them with all of your students, no matter how many you teach. There are also performance notes and, in some cases, staging suggestions and ideas for teaching extensions.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/