Songs From The Easter Basket
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, David Ellsworth and Anne Ellsworth
A Delightful Collection For Young Voices
Through our history, we have given your students lots of fun-to-sing tunes centered on all of the things that fill an epic Easter basket. This collection from the pages of Music K-8 magazine includes:
- There's A Bunny In My Easter Basket - This cute little song is definitely geared to your youngest singers. The melody is very easy and there are nice opportunities for movement to go with the chorus. You could even feature a single bunny doing motions while the singers tell the tale.
- Hunting Easter Eggs - Shh! We're hunting Easter eggs! This song is the perfect accompaniment for your annual Easter egg hunt. Set in the style of an oh-so-familiar sleuthing song, it's just plain fun to listen to and sing along with the simple and repetitive melody. It's also a great song to practice dynamics!
- Dip An Egg - Here's a light and simple call and response song for Easter. Flavored with a bit of old rock and roll, the song is about the custom of dipping hard-boiled eggs into colored dye to make decorative Easter displays. The melody is basic, and the most challenging thing you should face is knowing which color comes next.
- Hard-Boiled Egg - Too bad Easter only comes once a year when you have this funky and humorous rap. The contemporary rap begins with a solo rapper who is answered by a group of rappers. With some added clapping and singing, this will be a class favorite.
- Speckled Eggs - This very upbeat song is a wonderful tool for teaching counting to your youngest singers - forwards and backwards! The egg theme is neat for tying it into Easter celebrations, if you wish, but it can be used any time.
- Jelly Bean Blues - Jelly beans are one of the ultimate candies found in Easter baskets, but jelly beans are timeless, so you could use this woeful tale whenever the sweet mood strikes. The vocal part is unison throughout and very simple.
- Shakey Shakey Egg - This super simple tune is for your youngest performers and gives them a chance to show their stuff using egg shakers.
- Who Took The Easter Egg? - This game/song is a fun way to work with rhythms. There are no winners, no losers, and mistakes are a fun part of the action. The idea is to keep the rhythm going no matter what, even during the laughter.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts and Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 57.4MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/