Seasons Of Celebration
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings
We have assembled an exceptional collection of Teresa Jennings' seasonal songs that have become proven favorites in classrooms from coast to coast. Seasons Of Celebration includes:
- This Is Halloween - This Halloween song lends itself well to interdisciplinary study and improvisation. The first verse is all nouns, the second all adjectives! Your students will enjoy making up their own words to expand the song.
- Scarecrow - Just what does this straw man do on Halloween night? Your students will love this song about this fall figure.
- Of The People - Use this song to remind your singers and audience of the power we Americans have to control our own destinies by using the gift of free speech.
- Thanksgiving Day - Designed to be simple, reflective, and straightforward, this is a secular song about Thanksgiving, which has absolutely nothing to do with Pilgrims, turkeys, football, or parades.
- Thanksgiving Rap - Here's a slow rap that is about turkeys, football, and parades. Everyone will be able to relate to this humorous look at what we really do on Thanksgiving Day.
- On Christmas Day - In our version of this well-known Christmas tune ("I Saw Three Ships"), a jolly guy with his potato chip-eating reindeer has been spotted in a flying sleigh on Christmas morning.
- Hanukkah Festival - Written in a correctly traditional major key (rather than the usual minor mode), this round celebrates Hanukkah with a very upbeat, rollicking feel.
- Season Of Celebration - This cheerful and contemporary song can serve as an overall theme for almost any type of winter performance.
- Winter Is Coming - This is an infectiously cute partner song about winter and the cold weather it brings.
- On St. Patrick's Day - Here is a beautiful round that will remind you of the magic of St. Patrick's Day.
- Easter Bunny Blues - Whoever said that the Easter Bunny had to be small and cute? Ours happens to enjoy blues music. Your students are sure to enjoy a unique take on this springtime character.
- Come The Spring - Here is a very light and easy-going, feel-good tune that makes you want to smile and sing along.
- This Is Our World - We're proud of this song written to keep the environmental determination alive.
- Summer Is Coming - This is a lighthearted and fun partner song about a student's favorite time of the year - summer. You can either use it in your spring production or just for your own amusement.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/