Songs For Thanksgiving
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, John Riggio, Mike Wilson, and Paul Jennings
Music programs need all kinds of music for November, from solemn, thoughtful songs of thanks to cute turkey tunes for the little ones. And let's not forget songs about the favorite foods of the season. For almost 20 years, we have had fun creating these for you in Music K-8 magazine. This collection brings you some of our favorites.
This collection includes:
- Blessings On This Day - Reminiscent of an old British hymn, this touching song features a richly scored brass band on the recording.
- The Gobble Song - Told from the turkeys' point of view, this funny tune is fun for kids of all ages... and audiences.
- Cranberries Forever - All the other foods are jealous in this hilarious '50s-style tune that comes with a great accompaniment track.
- Be Grateful - Thoughtful and lyrical, this lovely song is timeless, and works well for older groups, especially if you use the optional second part.
- Thanksgiving Blues - Ah, the woes of excess, all portrayed with humor and bluesy music in this fun-loving seasonal favorite.
- What Turkeys Have For Thanksgiving - Join the turkeys in planning their Thanksgiving menus in this lighthearted light rock tune.
- Grateful For The Little Things - We love to create big band jazz tunes, and this is one of our best. It's a great way to teach your kids swing style... and why the little things are something to be grateful for.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable component has 2 files - 32.4MB and 36.6MB