On This Christmas Day
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, Paul Jennings, and John Riggio
For your holiday programs, we have put together a collection of some of our favorite carols. And while these songs are sacred, we have adapted many of them to work in a secular setting as well. Includes:
- O Come All Ye Faithful - Designed for plenty of flexibility, this powerful arrangement by Teresa Jennings can be performed in unison, two, or three parts. It even has an optional solo soprano descant part. And it sounds great with various sizes of groups, including larger, multi-grade combinations, and even with audience participation. The stunning symphonic accompaniment will help your rehearsals and provide special excitement to your performances.
- The Friendly Beasts - This gentle old carol is one that you will want to share with your students, this year and in the future. Four of the verses are ideal for solos, and the song is simple enough that they can be performed even by younger singers. The audio recording for this song features a beautiful arrangement with an expressive orchestration.
- The Angels Sang - Inspired by the concept of a heavenly troupe of young musicians, this piece offers the perfect opportunity to spotlight your own little angels. The song is a tasteful blend of folk, rock, and march styles, with simple lyrics and a memorable melody. Somewhat secular, despite the angel theme, this distinctive song reminds us that "Christmas is a time of love."
- Joy To The World - Authentically set in the style of Handel, this joyous arrangement of the classic Christmas carol is the perfect way to open a holiday performance. Originally featured in the revue An Early American Christmas, it includes a recording that features a full orchestra of real instruments. Don't miss it!
- Masters In This Hall - Our arrangement of this well-loved English carol is set in a Celtic style, with a rollicking feel reminiscent of its French dancing song roots. We've included both the traditional English sacred text and alternate secular lyrics, so you can use this beautiful song in any holiday performance.
- Christmas Day - "Anthem rock" is perhaps the best description of this favorite, and that's what makes it so popular with young singers. Add to this the fact that it comes with full lyrics (and recordings) for sacred or secular use, and you have a holiday song unlike any you have used before.
- The Coventry Carol - Our arrangement of this caroling song is short and simple, but it will give your serious singers a chance to show off their voices. The audio recording features a hauntingly beautiful brass choir and oboe countermelody.
- Children, Go Where I Send Thee - Here's a very lively, singable song that is cumulative in nature. Once your students understand the formula, they will follow it easily. The lyrics can be adapted to suit a more secular performance, so you don't need to leave this fun tune out of your program.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 112.7MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/