PreK-1 Music Fun - Vol. 1: Goin' To School
From Plank Road Publishingby Anne Ellsworth and David Ellsworth
Many teachers have been telling us that they need more resources for their primary students. That's why we introduced this collection, filled with tunes created especially for your youngest singers. We have brought together five favorite songs from Music K-8 magazine that all deal with the first experiences of going to school:
- Ride The Bus - A fun primary song for the beginning of school, "Ride The Bus" is at once singable and energizing.
- The Magic Words - This sweet little song is the perfect way to teach and reinforce those all-important magic words, "please" and "thank you" (among others!).
- Stoplight - Anne and David have touched on the critical topic of traffic safety with this song. Use it to reinforce the rules of safely crossing streets.
- Stranger Danger - Set in a minor rock mode, the melody of this song is simple and memorable. And the lyrics remind us that we can be strong in a threatening situation.
- Time To Graduate - This bouncy and lively rock march is specifically written for younger kids. It will get them moving the instant they hear it.
This money-saving classroom kit comes complete with a Teacher's Handbook, which includes the music, activities and teaching suggestions for each song, and lots of graphics-based fun for your kids. A Performance/Accompaniment CD with first rate recordings is also included.
Teacher's Handbook & Performance/