From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings and Paul Jennings
One of the reasons teachers love Music K-8 magazine is the great music written specifically for elementary and middle school children. In this outstanding collection, we have gathered some of the best songs for primary grades. It includes:
- If I Could Sound Like A Frog - Your students will love imitating their favorite backyard or neighborhood animals with this tune.
- March Of The Leprechauns - This one is not only for St. Patrick's day. It can be used with your younger singers any time of the year.
- Make A Funny Sound - Here's a way to let your students make those funny sounds they make anyway, but in a socially acceptable format. Let your kids be kids with this one.
- Turkey In The Straw - Your students will gobble up our swing version of this well-known song.
- Be My Valentine - Celebrate February 14th with this uncomplicated partner song.
- Monkey Sits By The Coconut Tree - Most youngsters can make funny faces that they are more than happy to show. This song will give them the perfect outlet to do so.
- Dino Rap - Let your students show off their dinosaur knowledge with this clapping, patsching game.
- Echo - This gentle round can very easily be adapted for many different grade levels.
- If I Were... - Here's a perfect tune for a quiet point in class or a program.
- Hello - Here are eight measures of whimsical tune to start your class period with a friendly greeting.
- So Long - How many ways do you know to say good-bye? Let your students show off their linguistic talents with "So Long."
- This Old Man - Our special arrangement is geared towards your youngest students.
- Put Your Hand In My Hand - Here's a sweet, but powerful song about how the power of friendship can overcome differences.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable component has 2 files - 43.4MB and 42.4MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/