Get Kids Singing Old Favorites
From Plank Road Publishingarr. Paul Jennings
Songs That Kids Love To Sing
Time and time again, teachers have told us how much they enjoy Paul Jennings' clever new settings of old favorites. In this valuable collection, we have assembled eight of the most popular songs in arrangements you will use again and again.
The Teacher's Handbook features each song with accompaniment as well as reproducible Student Parts and illustrated lyric pages which come with full rights to reproduce, perform and use them with all of your students, no matter how many you teach. There are also performance notes and, in some cases, movement suggestions and suggestions for teaching extensions.
Get Kids Singing Old Favorites includes:
- I've Been Workin' On The Railroad - A happy shuffle that features the sound effects of real steam trains.
- Old Dan Tucker - Guitars, mandolin, and a banjo bring to life Daniel Decatur Emmett's lively "pop" song from the 1840's.
- A Frog Went A-Courtin' - This unique folk-style arrangement includes teaching notes with a number of optional verse ideas for the galloping green groom, and musical interludes between verses that comment on the narrative.
- I Met A Bear - Ten verses of call and response plus a little Dixieland make this silly tune more fun than a bear in tennis shoes!
- This Old Man - The recorded tracks for this old favorite are full of nifty instruments like marimba, piccolo, woodblocks, cuica, crickets, and a squeeze toy!
- The Ants Go Marching - A miniature marching military masterpiece... complete with (optional) tiny ant-like sound effects.
- If You're Happy And You Know It - A campfire to classroom classic, complete with actions and plenty of options for burning energy (along with marshmallows for delicious S'mores).
- Turkey In The Straw - A softshoe treatment that offers a cute storyline and plenty of gobbling opportunities during the traditionally more "difficult" melodic sections.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable component has 2 files - 44.8MB and 43.2MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/