Songs Of Peace And Joy
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings and Paul Jennings
In an age of uncertainty and fear, kids need plenty of encouragement and positive reinforcement. To this end, we have assembled nine of our most powerful songs in this collection. Includes:
- Light The Candles All Around The World - Can you imagine the global glow that would be produced if everyone were to light a candle all around the world on the same day at the same time? Pretty neat thought, isn't it? That's the feeling of this holiday song. It is also suitable for any winter concert, no matter how your school chooses to celebrate the season.
- A Time For Peace - This gentle song is a natural for winter performances but works wonderfully year-round. Exploring the universal theme of peace, this simple, powerful anthem is certain to be one that both your singers and audiences will remember for a long time.
- Today Is The Day! - Positive and uplifting, this song is a great way to open any performance or rehearsal. And it's also perfect for ending the year on an up note. It's written in a true 3-part mixed setting, but it also works quite well in unison.
- Friends Are Like Diamonds - A sweet and gentle round, this song is a tribute to one of the most important elements in any child's life - friendship. And while it would be a wonderful way to celebrate Valentine's Day with your classes, it is also non-specific to the holiday, so it can be used whenever and however you like.
- This Little Light Of Mine - This traditional tune with a long history became an important symbol of the 1960's civil rights movement. Our version is in a popular gospel style, which is a joy to play or sing. Use it to discuss gospel music, Black History Month, or the fight to gain civil rights and equality. Or use it to inspire your students' own creativity by encouraging them to add to the verses.
- Sing Of Joy! - Here's an expressive 3-part partner song that fits into any sacred or secular celebration with elegance and style. Based on Johann Sebastian Bach's Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring, this adaptation gives you the opportunity to "sing of joy."
- Where Is The Peace? - No matter what size your group is, you'll enjoy using this poignant and rare original partner song about living together in peace. When the two verses combine, the effect is truly striking.
- Dona Nobis Pacem - Our version of this famous canon is appropriate to both sacred and secular settings. Your audience will love this 3-part partner song that builds gradually through four statements of the melody to a grand "all-bells-and-whistles" ending.
- An Old Irish Blessing - "May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back..." This simple, folk-like setting of the well-known blessing is a perfect way to end or add a quiet moment to any performance.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDFs and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 91.4MB.
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/