Sing For The Red, White And Blue
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings and Paul Jennings
Every school needs a really good selection of patriotic music for their students. This wonderful collection combines eight of the best from Music K-8 magazine, including stirring, age-appropriate arrangements of traditional songs as well as originals by Teresa Jennings that are already becoming standard programming for many schools. We're sure that you will turn to this collection again and again for performance and classroom ideas. This collection includes:
- There Are Many Flags In Many Lands - This traditional flag song is an old favorite that it is ideal for a simple setting that is very usable by almost any age group.
- America The Beautiful - Here's a song that is downright inspirational and patriotic. Add to that the fact that most kids already know the melody and probably most of the lyrics, and you've got instant success on your hands. Bring out the flags and prepare to raise a few goosebumps!
- Sing Of America - Add some variety to your patriotic-themed concert with this partner song with a Gospel feel. Like most of our music, however, it can also be sung in unison, making it suitable for various groups.
- The Stars And Stripes Forever - Take your students back to an era when popular songs could only be heard in a live performance, and when the most popular performing group was a band of men in elaborate uniforms playing marches.
- America (My Country 'Tis Of Thee) - It probably won't surprise you to hear that "America" is one of the nation's four or five most popular patriotic songs. Our version is a solid arrangement that's suitable for any performance.
- You're A Grand Old Flag - This is a perennial favorite that is fun to sing and easy to move to. Our arrangement also gives you the perfect opportunity to explore how entertainment changes from era to era.
- America, My Home - This stirring patriotic classic is a memorable work that stays in the minds of listeners and singers alike. It's the ideal tune for that big end-of-the-year concert with all of your singers combined with your school's concert band.
- Yankee Doodle's Pony - Once again, Teresa has come up with a cute partner song for a well-known classic. This time, she adapts "Yankee Doodle" to be sung in a swing style. Use it to provide a new twist to your patriotic concert.
To get the full effect of these moving songs, be sure to use the audio recordings. The orchestrations are rich and full, often featuring an orchestra full of real strings, real trumpets, and real woodwinds.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Two files - 25.6MB and 27.3MB
Downloadable component has 2 files - 25.6MB and 27.3MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/