Sing We Joyous
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, John Riggio, Karl Hitzemann, and Mike Wilson
Festive Christmas Songs For Young Voices
We've collected seven wonderful pieces that provide versatility, fun, and opportunities for adding simple instrumentation and staging. From the pages of Music K-8, these songs will spark the creativity in your students and brighten your winter holiday programs. Includes:
- Sing We Now Of Christmas - This traditional French carol has an added bit of drama and excitement with our fast moving Celtic groove.
- Christmas Through The Eyes Of A Child - With the recurring background motif of "O Come, Little Children," this beautiful song captures the essence of the Christmas feeling with gentility and joy.
- Merry Christmas Bells - This is a happy, festive piece you can use in your holiday programs with multiple performing groups. It gives you the flexibility to use just vocals or vocals with your choice of instruments including handbells, jingle bells, Boomwhackers®, tone chimes, etc.
- O Árbol De Navidad - The light jazz approach to this arrangement includes a lush string orchestration over an acoustic rhythm section. A bit of Latin percussion connects the musical treatment to the Spanish lyrics.
- O, What Is Figgy Pudding? - We all seem to be quite at home singing of such things as figgy pudding and partridges in pear trees. But did you ever stop to think of how odd some of the words are? That's the essence of this lighthearted, tongue-in-cheek carol.
- Bring A Torch, Jeanette, Isabella - Our arrangement of this favorite 14th century French carol has a bright, gentle feel to it that would be lovely in a performance. Add a few students playing finger cymbals or a triangle, or holding Kandle Lights™ for a moving concert piece.
- Here We Come A-Caroling - This Celtic-style arrangement transitions between a rollicking and a driving feel and uses lots of drums (including a bodhran, various toms, and a concert bass drum) and a combination of penny whistle and fiddle.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts and Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 67.4MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/