Tis The Season
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings and Paul Jennings
The many joys of the holidays come to life with this wonderful collection from the pages of Music K-8 magazine. It features eight captivating songs for the season, though several of the songs can be used year-round. This distinctive collection includes:
- Pilgrims - This unique story song is a tribute to the brave people who crossed the Atlantic in 1620. The song is in a gentle, folk style with a light rock beat. There is a flugelhorn/flute soli line at the beginning which is repeated throughout during the spoken narratives that move the story along.
- Five Smart Turkeys - In this delightful update of the old children's song, "Five Fat Turkeys" become "Five Smart Turkeys." The story here, of course, is how these turkeys avoid becoming dinner.
- I'm Grateful - Most of this beautiful song is unison and relatively simple to learn. It offers a perfect opportunity to pause and reflect on what's important and what we have to be grateful for.
- O Come Little Children - In this unique setting of the traditional German carol, we have added a bit of Latin spice. And the words have been altered to make them secular and therefore usable in any situation, and for any event. We've also provided the original sacred lyrics, and there is even an optional recorder part provided.
- Snow Angels - What a delightful little tune! This light, simple round is in an easy 3/4 for your singers. However, the real fun is in the rhythm section, which plays a lilting jazz waltz underneath it all. It's very neat and fun to sing along with.
- Ring A Little Bell - The focus of this song is music, as music is certainly a "safe" subject for any holiday, season, or occasion, no matter where you teach. Also, it's important to note that the lyrics are very flexible when it comes to the "reason" for the song. This piece is a shuffle with big band orchestration and would work well with adding movement.
- Celebrate Kwanzaa - You can use this simple song as a round, or you can keep it unison. The recording features some authentic African percussion instruments, including an udu (a hollow, round clay drum), a talking drum, and a log drum.
- A Candle For Remembering - This poignant song can be used for any occasion of remembrance. It's also appropriate for saying goodbye to someone, if you so desire.
As with all of our music, the recordings are world-class, featuring rich orchestrations and top musicians. You will use these songs for years to come.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Downloadable. Downloadable component is 73.8MB