From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings
This powerful all-school musical revue helps students take a unique look at what freedom means to us. It's also ideal as the center for a school's cross-curricular study of our rights and freedoms. Use it to not only inspire your students, but also to showcase the importance of music in your school.
This impressive revue features five unison/2-part songs that hold the interest of children - even hard-to-reach young teens. Each song can be used separately, but when they are combined, they make a memorable program. Includes:
- Freedom - This uplifting title song introduces the subject of the revue - the importance of freedom in our lives.
- Knowledge Is Power - Set in a hard-hitting rock style, this half-song/half-rap tune makes a very powerful case for staying in school. It has become quite popular as a school theme song, and it is perfect for working with children at risk. The accompanying skit will drive home the message, and allow your budding actors and actresses to show off.
- Why Can't They Be Free? - Here is a poignant look at what life is like in some other places on this Earth, where freedom is not yet a reality. This is a powerful song that has often moved audiences to tears.
- Teach Me About My Freedom - Use your youngest singers for this touching song that tends to tug gently at the heart strings. This is a simple appeal to parents, teachers, and families. In addition, the melody, sung in unison, is easy enough for young students to learn and it will make the message more memorable.
- Choices - This driving rock march will remind your singers and audience alike of what our freedom means to us. The melody is easy to sing and the mood is contagious. All of your singers will want to participate in this one.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
TDownloadable PDFs and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 58MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/