From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings
This powerful all-school revue is the perfect way to get your students enthused and excited about the opportunities of learning. The five original songs will inspire your students to make good choices about their education and future.
The possibilities for the performance across the curriculum are vast. Let your fellow teachers and administrators know that you will be focusing on this subject and watch their support grow. Includes:
- Education Rocks! - Guitars and drums help to establish the rock style in this upbeat and very singable theme song.
- I Like School - Part hip-hop, part jazz, this song is a great way for your youngest students to join in the program. It also helps to reinforce the message to them that school is a good and positive place and it's okay to like it.
- Information Age - Techno rock enters the scene with this funky tribute to the information-intensive times we live in. This is also a great opportunity to do some cross-curricular work with your students. Science and math teachers, librarians, and administrators alike (among others) may well be interested in plugging this song into their respective programs and special interest studies.
- Think - Think, learn, grow, be smart, teach what you learn, continue your education, and so on. These are the lessons reinforced in this tune. Punchy at the top, smooth in the middle, this song makes students "think" and helps them improve their spelling! This song can be sung either in unison or in parts.
- Never Stop Learning - The finale of the revue is a thought-provoking rock ballad with a powerful message that we should always keep learning, no matter how old we are. We suggest that you photocopy the lyrics and get your audience participating in this one, as well.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDFs and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 60.2MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/