Hungry To Learn
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings
Especially for children in today's world, learning is critical. Anything we can do to inspire and motivate is fair game, and that includes music. The songs in this revue can help engage students in a discussion to expand their understanding and appreciation for lifelong learning.
From Volume 23 of Music K-8 magazine, Hungry To Learn includes:
- Hungry To Learn - The opening song sets the tone and gets your students interested at the outset. It's a rock tune punctuated by a fun and funky horn band. The lyrics are deliberately simple, but strong. It also has a choreography video available online.
- I Want To Know - The simplicity of the melody and words makes it easy enough to use with your youngest singers, but this tune is so much fun, your older students will enjoy it, too. The music itself has a charming folksy, but quirky tone to it, sounding like some of the pop songs currently making the rounds.
- There's A Class For That - What would you like to learn? There's a class for that! The verses of the song mention a lot of subjects and/or skills that students can joyfully sing about. The music for this song is delightful - bright and robust, and the accompaniment tracks are reminiscent of a Broadway show tune.
- It Matters - One of the most important things to teach our children is good character. So in a revue about learning, it seemed appropriate. Musically, this song is pretty simple and should be easy to learn. It is slow and gentle and doesn't have a lot of lyrics. However, there is an optional second part if you wish to give your students a challenge.
- Forever Learning - This lively finale will not only tie the whole theme of the revue together, it will also make the message more memorable. It's also a natural for movement and there is a choreography video available online.
The kit provides a script with connecting dialog, a teacher's guide, program artwork, as well as ideas for sets and costumes.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts and Performance/
Downloadable PDFs and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 62.4MB.
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/