Make A Difference
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings
A powerful revue that will help you "Make A Difference"!
Anyone can make a difference. Young or old, individuals or groups, anyone can be a positive influence in another person's life and in making things better on this earth.
This inspiring revue from Music K-8 Volume 17 provides an opportunity for getting your school involved in special projects, such as food drives, and for opening the discussion about how each person has unique talents to give and really Make A Difference.
This inspiring revue includes:
- Make A Difference - This is a happy, positive, and enthusiastic song. And to make it as usable as possible in all your venues, it is all in unison. It's easy to teach, easy to learn, and it's downright catchy. This song is also a great stand-alone which you can use outside of the revue.
- Big Heart - Here is a very easy song with a familiar groove, and it's lots of fun to sing! In fact, we're betting that most of your students will enjoy this one, no matter what their age. Besides being all about helping and giving, this song gives your kids a chance to do a bit of movement and hand clapping.
- You Can Help - This song is quite memorable and powerful. Though it has many layers, it is actually quite simple since it is very repetitious. To allow for flexibility, the song is also designed to work with just the melody. As the song says, "It could've been you. It could've been me." Strong stuff.
- Kindness - To get kids thinking about the source of compassion being inside of them, this song touches gently on the topic of character. This easy-going pop tune is quite approachable in its simplicity, style, and repetition so that most of your singers should be able to learn it easily.
- In This World Together - As the culmination of all the music and sentiment in the revue, this song states the case enthusiastically: We are in this world together! What better way to reinforce the dynamic of goodwill? We highly recommend that you use the excellent recorded accompaniment for this tune. The energy and excitement of the message really comes out with this song.
This revue is also a great chance to let your students brainstorm with you about ways to bring this program and topic to life through many discussions and cross-curricular activities throughout the school. With options for very simple staging, this revue is very versatile and can be performed in any type of setting with any number of singers.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable component has 2 files: 37.8MB and 40.8MB