White Belt Dojo
From Plank Road Publishingby Paul Jennings and John Riggio
Music For Beginning Recorder Players
If you are working with an incentive system tied to your recorder method, you know that sometimes it can be a while between rewards, so there is a chance for waning interest. Enter WHITE BELT DOJO. This collection of graded, easy songs is great for your incentive system, like the belt system in our extremely popular method, Recorder Karate.
The nine songs are all relatively short, with brief intros and endings that make them ideal for testing multiple students or providing good material for early performances. Each song is presented progressively with a nice mix of styles and rhythmic interest. The collection is a combination of well-known tunes, newly arranged, and new compositions by John Riggio and Paul Jennings, specialists at creating music for young students.The songs in this collection are presented in 34 different tracks, with several of them presented in multiple tempos or lengths. Your students will enjoy these songs and ask for them time and time again.
- Thunder Hawk - (BA) Driving rock with a screaming band in the back-up tracks.
- ACcelerate - (AC) An energetic groove with unique keyboard counterpoint.
- Bumblebee Bop - (B) A swingin' send up of Rimsky-Korsakov's famous "Flight Of The Bumblebee." Lots of fun and just "B" for your players.
- Chillaxin' - (BAG) Rhythmic but laid back accompaniment with lots of step-wise movement for recorder.
- Flutter By, Butterfly - (BAG) Lush and poignant, set in a gentle 3/4.
- Luna Kahuna - (BAG) "Au Claire De La Lune" cleverly set to surfer rock... fun!
- Lightspeed Caterpillar - (BAG) Roller-coaster rock, complete with sound effects and a melody full of ups and downs.
- Renaissance Circle Dance - (GABC) A familiar period dance, set with authentic period accompaniment tracks.
- Juba Jump - (GABC) Light and Latin, and enormously fun to play!
You can use this collection many ways. You can, for instance, use these songs to replace any or all of the songs used in your reward method, allowing your students to progress more slowly, but be regularly rewarded for their work. Or, you can let these precede and/or fit between songs in a method, giving special rewards like the two-color belts offered by Plank Road Publishing.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts and Performance/
Downloadable component has 2 files: 29.6MB and 29.9MB