From Plank Road Publishingby Paul Jennings and Teresa Jennings
Progressive Duets For Young Players
Duets are not only enjoyable to play, but they are great teaching tools for your recorder students. We've had requests from teachers for duets that will dovetail nicely with recorder methods, including our very popular Recorder Karate method. With this in mind, Paul and Teresa created this collection of new, progressively more difficult duets that can be used in many ways. Here are the basics:
- Eight duets, the first a bit easier than the easiest Recorder Karate tune, and the most difficult no more difficult than the hardest Recorder Karate tune.
- Each duet can be played unaccompanied, with a playable piano accompaniment available online, or with the high quality accompaniment on the Performance/Accompaniment recordings included in the kit.
- Each duet is fairly short, ideal for testing in case you want to distribute the duets among the various levels of Recorder Karate or any other method you are using.
- Parts 1 and 2 in each duet are of similar difficulty, so that on the repeat, you can choose to have the students switch parts if you like.
- We've designed a web site that that allows your students to practice with each tune just like they can on our Recorder Karate Dojo area. The site is RecorderDojo.com.
Here are the tunes in this collection with the notes used in each song:
- Walk This Way - AB
- By The Koi Pond - GAB
- White Tiger - 1-GABC, 2-GAB
- ¿Qué Pasa? - EGAB
- Domo Arigato (round) - DEGAB
- Go From My Window - 1-DGABC, 2-DEGABC
- A Little Waltz - 1-GABCD', 2-DEF#GAB
- Sleep Old Pup - 1-GABCD', 2-DEF#GABCD'
If you haven't tried duets with your program, this collection is a great way to introduce them!
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Limited stock. Order soon!
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 28MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/