From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, Karl Hitzemann, and Mike Wilson
Songs That Show Our Gratitude And Appreciation
There are many times within the K-8 years that it seems appropriate to have a ceremony or celebration to honor special people in your school or community. Throughout our many issues of Music K-8, we have created many songs to help teachers put together a great program for young singers to perform on these occasions. While these seven tunes are in a variety of styles, some include opportunities to add clapping, a second part, and even Boomwhackers®. Each of them will make the recipient of your appreciation and gratitude feel very honored and special. Thanks! includes:
- T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U! - Everyone has an occasion to say "thank you" to someone at some time or another. The nifty '50s rhythm section will make it fun to sing. What better way to say "Thank You!" than with a song?
- Who Do We Appreciate? - Here's a great and energetic way to say thanks or just let someone know they are appreciated. Part marching band song/part cheer, the rhythms and rhymes happen very naturally. Your singers will pick this up quickly.
- Gracias - A little Spanish. A little singing. A little character reinforcement. An opportunity to play Boomwhackers® (optional). That's a lot to pack into this short and simple, yet lively Latin flavored piece. It's all unison and repetitious, except for the bridge, and the Spanish part is just one word: Gracias.
- Thank You - This is a light swing style song to simply say, "thank you." It could be used to thank a special group, or a "thanks for being here" song for an audience, or it could be used to thank an individual. It has a fairly easy melody that your students will pick up quickly. There is also an optional second vocal part which is a simple countermelody.
- We Appreciate You - Here's a song that's usable anytime and in any way you need it. It's very upbeat and happy, and it's easy to learn. The light, contemporary pop rock style will keep your students moving and energetic.
- Many Thanks - Giving thanks and saying "thank you" is definitely a universal concept. This song not only gives your singers a chance to express their thankfulness, it also teaches them how to say, "thank you" (or "many thanks," "thank you very much," etc.) in eight different languages including Spanish, French, Russian, Japanese, Hawaiian, Dutch, German, and Italian.
- Thank You, Teachers, Thank You - Honor several or all the teachers in your school with this tune arranged and orchestrated in a pseudo-reggae style. The lyrics are also flexible enough if you'd like to honor a single teacher.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Downloadable. Downloadable component is 47.7MB