General copyright policies for Plank Road Publishing copyrighted materials regarding online/remote teaching situations
- You may distribute purchased material digitally for online learning provided that you control the distribution and access is limited to your students only.
- Digital usage of purchased physical/print products is allowed as long as you control the distribution to only the same students for whom you purchased the physical product. (Digital distribution cannot replace purchasing music, such as in the case of choral octavos or other non-reproducible material, but you may distribute purchased music to your students digitally.)
- You may not post copies of our music, recordings, lyrics or anything from a product for anyone to access other than your students. (Videos of students performing our music may be posted as long as we are credited where the videos are posted and as long as the music had been purchased for use by the students.)
- Posting or sharing physical or digital copies of our recordings, lyrics, or printed music with anyone other than your students without our permission is an illegal use of copyrighted material.
- You may live stream or post recordings of your students performing our songs to school web sites (including instructional platforms such as Google Classroom, Schoology, etc.) and social media platforms for friends and family members to view. We do not require that student performance videos be password protected, but please include our writer credits and copyright information with the recording.
Please read the above guidelines to see if your situation fits the above criteria before contacting us. If you are unsure if your situation is a legal usage of our materials, please fill out an online Permissions Request form or Contact Us.
You may not share our materials with other teachers.
(NOTE: Videos of student performances do not need to be password protected unless your school requires it.)
Introducing Presentation Kits
A Remote Teaching Innovation
Presentation Kits are ideal for virtual or distance learning (or for projection in the classroom). Components can be shared with students and parents in Google Classroom and similar password protected platforms.
Each kit contains:
- A Lyric PowerPoint timed to the embedded full performance audio track;
- A Lyric PowerPoint timed to the embedded accompaniment audio track;
- A MP4 lyric video timed to the embedded full performance audio track;
- A MP4 lyric video timed to the embedded accompaniment audio track;
- PDFs of the piano/vocal score, student part, and lyrics
Music K-8 magazine
Music K-8 magazine has many features that lend themselves to remote teaching.
- Music K-8 magazine is available in downloadable format - PDFs and MP3s, which can be shared remotely with students.
- Projectable lyric PowerPoints are available for nearly every song.
- NEW: Each new issue features three to four Diving Deeper Into The Music interactive assessment PDFs (read more)
- Thousands of our songs, collections, musicals, recorder collections, back issues and other products are available in downloadable format and could thus be adapted to remote learning. Visit our Downloadables store.
Music Concept Videos
- You may wish to have students view some of our music concept videos, or you may want to build lesson plans involving some of them. You may embed these videos or share them. View the videos here.
Online Recorder Practice
- Teachers who own the following recorder products can have their students practice online:
- Artie Almeida's Fun Foundations For Recorder, Vol. 1
- Artie Almeida's Fun Foundations For Recorder, Vol. 2
Practice area: Recorder Karate Dojo on Musick8.com
Practice area: RecorderDojo.com
Practice area: FunFoundationsForRecorder.com
Practice area: DexterDragon.com
- Search our Idea Bank for lesson plans you could adapt to remote learning.
- Facebook Group: Music Educators Creating Online Learning
- Facebook Group: GoogleClassroom for Music Teachers
- Learn to play your favorite instruments and songs
- Mrs. Fuld's At-Home Percussion Activities
- Fun, hands-on music experiments
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra Kids - activities, videos and more
- Interactive learning, including instruments, videos and more
- Lessons, worksheets, and quizzes
- Recorder lessons disguised as games. Requires microphone.
- Song Maker