We Are Waiving Our Usual Requirements for Permission!
During these extreme circumstances of the COVID-19 outbreak, we are granting permission for subscribers/owners of the original music to post our materials online (on school password protected web sites or sites such as Google Classroom, Google Docs, etc., or marked as unlisted on YouTube) for rehearsal/learning purposes without requesting formal permission. We hope this makes your life a little easier. (If you have further questions regarding posting material to a web site or have an extenuating circumstance, please use our Permissions Request Form to contact our Permissions Editor.)
We ask that you please:
- make sure the materials are password protected and/or only available to your students
- include writer credits and copyright information on the page where the material is posted
- post audio in a way that it's not downloadable
- remove the material once it has been learned/after the performance
You may not share our materials with other teachers.
(NOTE: Videos of student performances do not need to be password protected unless your school requires it.)
Introducing Presentation Kits
A Remote Teaching Innovation
Presentation Kits are ideal for virtual or distance learning (or for projection in the classroom). Components can be shared with students and parents in Google Classroom and similar password protected platforms.
Each kit contains:
- A Lyric PowerPoint timed to the embedded full performance audio track;
- A Lyric PowerPoint timed to the embedded accompaniment audio track;
- A MP4 lyric video timed to the embedded full performance audio track;
- A MP4 lyric video timed to the embedded accompaniment audio track;
- PDFs of the piano/vocal score, student part, and lyrics
- Thousands of our songs, collections, musicals, recorder collections, back issues and other products are available in downloadable format and could thus be adapted to remote learning. Visit our Downloadables store.
Music Concept Videos
- You may wish to have students view some of our music concept videos, or you may want to build lesson plans involving some of them. You may embed these videos or share them. View the videos here.
Online Recorder Practice
- Teachers who own the following recorder products can have their students practice online:
- Artie Almeida's Fun Foundations For Recorder, Vol. 1
- Artie Almeida's Fun Foundations For Recorder, Vol. 2
Practice area: Recorder Karate Dojo on Musick8.com
Practice area: RecorderDojo.com
Practice area: FunFoundationsForRecorder.com
Practice area: DexterDragon.com
- Search our Idea Bank for lesson plans you could adapt to remote learning.
- Facebook Group: Music Educators Creating Online Learning
- Facebook Group: GoogleClassroom for Music Teachers
- Learn to play your favorite instruments and songs
- Mrs. Fuld's At-Home Percussion Activities
- Fun, hands-on music experiments
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra Kids - activities, videos and more
- Interactive learning, including instruments, videos and more
- Lessons, worksheets, and quizzes
- Recorder lessons disguised as games. Requires microphone.
- Song Maker