Ordering / Processing Information
Online orders are processed on business days only, Monday through Friday. If all items are in stock, your order will be shipped 2 business days after it is processed, and you can expect to receive it within 7-10 business days from then. (If you need faster shipping, please call us toll-free at 1-800-437-0832 for express shipping information.)
- Shipping & Handling Rates*
- Orders up to $25.00
- add $6.95
- Orders from $25.01 to $60.00
- add $7.95
- Orders from $60.01 to $100.00
- add 12% of subtotal
- Orders from $100.01 to $200.00
- add 10% of subtotal
- Orders from $200.01 to $300.00
- add 9% of subtotal
- Orders $300.01 and above
- add 8% of subtotal
*These rates are for U.S. orders only. Canadian and other foreign orders: e-mail, call, fax, or write for exact Shipping & Handling charges. All payments must be in U.S. funds.
Purchase Orders / Ordering By Fax Or Mail
We do accept Purchase Orders, but not online. If you wish to pay with a Purchase Order, or if you wish to place your order by Fax or mail for any other reason, simply add items to your cart as you would normally. Then, when you check out, at the bottom of the first page select "Fax Or Mail (Offline Order)" as your payment type. After you fill out the necessary information, print out the page and mail or Fax it in, with your Purchase Order, if applicable. Please note that there is a $2.50 processing fee for orders paid with a Purchase Order or where payment is not included.
If you prefer, you can download an order form and mail or fax it in.
Downloadable Products / Magazines
We offer many different products in downloadable format. For questions and help with downloadable products, visit our Download Help page.
You may also wish to view our video tutorial on how downloadable MusicK8.com products work.
For downloadable Recorder Classroom issues and downloadable Music K-8 magazine subscriptions, student parts, or PowerPoints you must have an account, so that you can access your downloads and extras as they become available. See also:
- The section on "Accounts / Usernames and Passwords" below.
- The Downloadable Magazines section of the Download Help page.
- Our tutorial video for help accessing your downloadable Music K-8 magazine components.
US customers will find our wide selection of downloadable products in the Downloadables Store.
Non-US customers are invited to visit MusicK8.com Worldwide, which offers downloadable products for immediate electronic delivery with no shipping & handling charges!
Non-US customers may purchase any of our many downloadable products, including downloadable subscriptions, at MusicK8.com Worldwide
However, non-US customers may not order non-downloadable products online. Please contact us by e-mail, phone, or Fax if you wish to order non-downloadable items.
Accounts / Usernames And Passwords
Plank Road Publishing accounts allow you to:
- Access your downloadable Music K-8 subscription and downloadable Student Reproducible Parts.
- Download lyric PowerPoints for Music K-8, Vol. 22 onward.
- Access Music K-8 issue extras.
- Store addresses to use Express Checkout.
- Access your Wish List.
- Check order status for your web, phone, fax, and mail orders.
- Receive an e-mail when your order has shipped.
- Access your Recorder Classroom account.
- Forgot Your Password? Click here to reset it.
- Don't have an account? Create one now.
- Questions about accessing your downloadable Music K-8 subscription? View our tutorial video.
To access your PRP Account, click on "Your Account Login" in the top navigation bar. If you already have a Recorder Classroom account, use that username as password to access your PRP account -- it's the same!
Once you're logged in and on your Account page, you can Add or Delete Addresses, update your Account information, and update your Wish List and Wish List information. If you have items already in your Shopping Cart, you can also perform an Express Checkout from here.
Gift Certificates And Coupons
How do I get one?
Gift certificates must be purchased online and sent with a MusicK8.com E-card. They may be purchased in any amount from $5 to $500. If you receive one, it will say so in the e-mail that also links to your e-card. The e-mail will include your gift certificate code, which is 12 digits long and case-sensitive (capitalization matters!). Note that you can check your gift certificate balance at any time here.
Coupons are discounts given to Music K-8 magazine subscribers on a few certain items that we sell, such as back volumes. At the current time, we are not issuing general coupons for all customers. Subscribers should watch for special "Coupon Codes" printed on flyers sent with Music K-8 magazine.
How do I redeem a gift certificate or coupon?
- Online: Shop as normal at MusicK8.com. When you are ready to check out, carefully enter your coupon or gift certificate code in the code redemption box on the Shopping Cart page and hit "Apply." Your discount should show as an entry in your shopping cart.
- Phone: Call 1-800-437-0832 and speak to one of our friendly Customer Service members. Let them know you have a gift certificate or coupon to redeem. Read off your code, and the amount will be deducted from your order total.
- Mail / Fax: Fill out your order form as normal. Note on your form that you will be redeeming a coupon or gift certificate, and carefully include the full code. When your order is processed, your discount will be subtracted from your order total.
Terms and Conditions for Gift Certificates and Coupons
- They must be redeemed by their listed expiration date.
- They are only redeemable on MusicK8.com or by phone, fax, or mail. They are NOT valid on RecorderClassroom.com, MusicK8.com Worldwide, MusicK8Kids.com (K8 KidTunes), or ResourcefulClassroom.com.
- They are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund.
- They cannot be redeemed on orders previously placed.
- Coupons must be redeemed IN FULL within one order and are only valid on orders totaling more than the coupon total.
- Gift Certificates can be used on orders of any size, and your remaining balance can be used later.
- Plank Road Publishing is not responsible for lost, misdirected, or stolen gift certificates or coupons.
- Plank Road Publishing reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time at its discretion.
Return to Shopping Cart >>
To search for a product we sell, use the Search field at the top of any page. This is a very versatile search feature.
- All Products or Product Number. This is the default search and, for most people, probably the most useful. Type in all or part of a product's name and hit Go!. All products with any of the words you type in will show up. The best matches will be at the top.
- TIP: Use the "Narrow Your Search" feature on the results page to refine your search.
- TIP: Select "title" to search only for a product's name. Select "title & text" to search in the product title and the description. If you search for a song with "title & text" checked, the results will also list any collections that song appears in, as well as the issue of the magazine it appeared in, if any.
- TIP: To find an exact phrase, enclose your search terms in double quotation marks.
- TIP: Unfortunately, you cannot search for words that are shorter than three letters.
- Alternately, type in one of our product numbers and hit Go! This is useful if you have a product number from a catalog and want to find more details quickly online.
- Category / Store Search. Select a category (or store) from the pulldown menu. You now have two options.
- Hit Go! to go to that category's store page see a list of all products in that category.
- Enter all or part of a title into the search box and hit Go!. You'll go to that category's store page and see only those products that have those words in their title and are in that particular category.
The Advanced Product Search page gives you even more options and lets you perform a very specific search.
To perform a quick, simple search for a song in an issue of Music K-8 magazine, enter all or part of the song title in the search box labeled "Music K-8 Song Search," which you'll find below the product search on every page of MusicK8.com.
For more song search options, or to search for an article in an issue of Music K-8 magazine, go to the Magazine Index page, where you have the following options:
- Subject Search. Choose a subject from the pulldown menu and hit Go! for a list of all songs relating to that topic.
- Song Title Search. Type in all or part of the song or article name into the Song Title search field. Hit Go!.
- You can choose to find Songs and articles or Songs only.
- Specify Volume and Issue to search in only one magazine. This is a good way to generate a table of contents. You can specify a Volume but no issue to find everything from one year's worth of Music K-8.
- Combination Search. If you wish to narrow your search, you can use and combination of criteria - subject and volume, title and subject, etc. The more criteria you enter, the fewer results you will get.
- For Recorder Songs Only. This search allows you to find recorder tunes containing certain notes. Choose the notes from the pulldown menu, then click "Only these notes" to find recorder tunes using ONLY those notes, or "At least these notes" to find recorder tunes using the notes chosen from the pull down menu, plus others. Then click "Go!"
Links to major pages are provided at the top and bottom of every page. If you can't find the link you want, go to the Site Map and check there.
Sound Excerpts / Music / Flash
We are proud to offer high-quality streaming excerpts of all the songs we write. To listen to our sound clips, you need either Flash Player or QuickTime. Both are available free (links below). NOTE: QuickTime offers a pay version, but it is not necessary for listening to our sound clips.
- Flash Player
- We use a Flash Player to provide you access to high-quality sound clips. Many computers have Flash Player installed already, but if you need to, you can download it at Adobe's web site.
- Certain features on our site work with older versions of Flash Player, while others require at least Flash 8. (The sound clips will work with version 6 and later.) Please be aware that Mac OS 9 and Windows 95 computers are not capable of running Flash 8.
- We recommend QuickTime version 6 or higher. You can get the latest version of QuickTime for free from the Apple site:
- MP3 Players
- We also offer many free music files in MP3 format in the Downloads area. In our Links section you'll find web sites for downloading free Music Player Software that will let you play these songs.
In order to download certain printable PDF documents we offer, you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is a free download.
Other PDF readers are available, but they may not work properly with certain PDFs on our site - especially those containing forms.
Shopping at MusicK8.com is safe. We wouldn't have it any other way. We want you to feel completely secure when ordering online and have taken the following measures so you do.
MusicK8.com uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to ensure your full security on our web site. SSL prevents the personal information that you provide, including your credit card number, name, and address, from being intercepted and read by a third party as it is transmitted over the Internet. Our SSL software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure online transactions. Because we use SSL, placing an order at MusicK8.com is just as safe as giving your credit card number over the phone.
If, however, you still feel uncomfortable sending your credit card information to us over the Internet, you can print out your order and send it to us by selecting "Fax or Mail" on the first checkout page and following the instructions from there. Or, you are welcome to call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-437-0832 to complete your purchase.
MusicK8.com does utilize cookies. Cookies are small, plain text data records temporarily stored on your hard drive. Cookies cannot gather information on their own (i.e., they are NOT viruses, spyware, or programs). Cookies cannot collect personal information from your computer. For more information about cookies or to learn how to enable them, please click the link below.
Cover Contest Information
To find out information about our annual Music K-8 magazine Cover Contest, download our article on Cover Contest Stuff You Might Want To Know. A cover contest template can also be found in our Downloads area.
Whether you are using Windows or Mac, we strongly recommend using the latest version of whatever browser you choose. We regularly test our web site in Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Safari, and Chrome. All are available free.
How To Contact Us
Please visit the Contact Us page to contact us by e-mail, phone, fax, or mail.
- Change of address
- Click here if you need to send us a change of address so your subscription can follow you through your move without interruption.
- Permissions Request Form
- Click here to submit a permissions request for special use of one of our products.