Symphonic Christmas For Recorders, A
From Plank Road Publishingarr. Paul Jennings
For Players Young and Old
Paul Jennings has created some unique settings to feature recorders in your holiday concerts. These arrangements have been very popular for a number of reasons:
- Full orchestral accompaniments, with rich and subtle orchestrations and truly engaging arrangements that will capture the attention of both your players and your audiences.
- Most settings have multiple recorder parts, usually two soprano recorder parts, and an optional alto recorder part.
- One of the soprano parts is very easy, featuring simple rhythms and just a few of the beginning notes.
- The arrangements are orchestrated so that they can be successfully performed with any or all of the parts, including just the easiest part by itself.
This very special collection includes:
- Good King Wenceslas - Bold and brassy, with lots of exciting contrasts.
- Fantasia On A Christmas Spiritual - Based on "Mary Had A Baby," this arrangement is full of subtle textures and moods, building to a satisfying ending.
- Huron Carol Fantasy - Dramatic and haunting orchestral effects make this arrangement one of our all-time favorites.
- The Holly And The Ivy - Modern harmonies and striking countermelodies.
- Rhapsody On An Ancient Carol - One of the oldest carols, "Adeste Fideles" gets a powerful orchestral workout that is also a joy for recorders.
- A Russian Christmas - This acclaimed bonus song combines "Carol Of The Russian Children" with "Kaliada" for a spectacular showstopper.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts and Performance/
Two files: 25.3MB and 23.1MB
Downloadable component has 2 files: 25.3MB and 23.1MB