M.C. Handel's A Season For Recorders
From Plank Road Publishingby M.C. Handel
Five unique arrangements that will brighten and enhance your recorder program
This collection from the pages of Music K-8 magazine includes some of M.C. Handel's most distinctive arrangements. These pieces will add fun, flair, and style to your next performance!
A Season For Recorders includes:
- Rhythm Parade - Here's a neat little march that uses the notes G, A, B, C, D and comes with an optional second recorder part. There are also parts for a number of classroom percussion instruments that work well with the lively, energetic recording. A great program opener!
- All Through The Night - Though it was written centuries ago, this beautiful Welsh folk song still evokes a sense of peace and calm in these times of conflict and turbulence. It is great for the holiday season, but can be used any time of year. The rhythms are simple, and it can be played with just G, A, B, C, and D. The sensitive accompaniment tracks are especially nice.
- An Olde English Carol - M.C. Handel has come up with a unique arrangement for beginning recorder players. The tune is an old English carol from the 18th century. The piece is performed in an authentic way, using period instruments, including recorders, guitars, harp, celli, hand drum, tambourine, and antique cymbals.
- Amazing Grace - This song is a natural for growing recorder players, so we are pleased to include it in this collection. It has a stunning arrangement that features a wonderful string section for an accompaniment. On the recording, the string ensemble includes solo violin, viola, and cello. You can also easily add the words to this arrangement for an amazing vocal and recorder performance.
- Sleigh BAG - Inspired by a certain other familiar "sleigh" song, this simple ditty allows your young recorder players to focus on the notes B, A, and G. Definitely seasonal sounding, the tune will also give your performers a chance to show their stuff at your holiday concert.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Two files - 16.9MB and 14.9MB
Downloadable component has two files - 16.9MB and 14.9MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/