Get Up and MOVE
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, John Riggio, and Paul Jennings
Creative Songs For Movement
Our writers at Music K-8 magazine have created many unique songs designed for movement in the music classroom. This collection features some of the most imaginative tunes. It includes:
- Get Up, Get Up, Get Up! - Brassy and energetic, this tune is a great way to get your kids on their feet and moving. Suggestions for body percussion are included.
- Amoeba Drill - Here's the perfect way to teach self-control... and let your singers blow off a lot of steam. Listen to the excerpt below, and you'll see why!
- The Body Boogie - Great for even your youngest singers, this tune promotes good health and self-awareness.
- Stand Up - Simple but very lively, this cool tune will have your kids moving, thinking, and laughing a lot.
- Here We Go Looby Loo - Burn up all of that excess energy with this great setting of the old favorite, perfect for circle movement.
- A Beat In My Feet - Get your kids marching with this infectious tune, and when they aren't moving, they will enjoy playing the kazoo!
- Classical Wave - What started as a round with movement evolved into a round whose movement happens to also be the "wave." And as it becomes a round, the wave flows from group to group. What fun!
- Can You? - Your kids are going to like this one. Energetic Latin rock invites them to perform actions and make sounds, some of them quite silly.
- Freeze! - The concept is simple, and the kids can't get enough of it. Move and groove until you hear "freeze!" Cool.
Teacher's Piano/Vocal Score with Reproducible Student Parts & P/A CD
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Downloadable. Download is 55.6MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/