M.C. Handel's Recorder Channel
From Plank Road Publishingby M.C. Handel
Don't change that channel! It's the Recorder Channel, where you will find a wild and wonderful collection of recorder tunes for young players from Volume 17 of Music K-8 magazine.
Keep your recorder students' attention while you help them progress in their skills with each of the tunes in this captivating collection:
- B A Good Student - Though this lively Latin tune was written for beginning recorder students to practice and use the notes B and A, it's also a great song to sing at the beginning of the school year. The vocals are easy, with a little bit of syncopation, and there is an optional clapping part to add to the fun.
- The Holly And The Ivy - Here is a beautiful and unique arrangement of a holiday favorite. It can be performed with beginning soprano recorders, more advanced soprano recorders, alto recorders, and any combination thereof.
- Leapin' Lemurs - Lemurs are fun! The essence of this tune is that it features leaps in much of the melody, but it is restricted to the notes G, A, B, as well as low D and E. Reinforce concepts and let your students jump into action. And you'll absolutely love the "screaming" jazzy arrangement!
- The Rubber Baby Buggy Bumper Boogie - Why not add a little tongue twisting to a new blues boogie? Featuring E, G, A, B, C, and D, this is a great way for your recorder students to play (and speak) a little swing style and maybe even try their hand at some simple improvisation. It is also a nice addition to the curriculum for Recorder Karate as a substitute or enhancement for one of the last four belts.
- Renaissance Dance - This is one of the best-known melodies by Tielman Susato, a Flemish Renaissance composer from the 16th century. Our arrangement has two parts and makes the recorder the center of attention, while capturing the flavor of the period with a fine recorded accompaniment.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable component has 2 files: 14.7MB and 19.2MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/