M.C. Handel's Excellent Recorder Adventure
From Plank Road Publishingby M.C. Handel
Distinctive arrangements and uniquely appealing originals for young players have made these recorder features very popular. These five songs come from Music K-8, Volume 12.
- BAGga Lagga Whack Whack - M.C.'s fabulous collection starts with a cool BAG recorder tune. Kids will have a great time trying out their new recorder skills on this lively '50s shuffle that gives you the option of adding Boomwhackers®.
- An Olde English Carol - M.C. Handel has come up with a unique arrangement for beginning recorder players. The tune is an old English carol from the 18th century. The piece is performed in an authentic way, using period instruments, including recorders, guitars, harp, celli, hand drum, tambourine, antique cymbals, and sackbut. (G, A, B, C)
- When The Saints Go Marching In - Here is a perfect way to expose your students to the early history of jazz. Recorders weren't a part of the original Dixieland jazz groups, but there were no strict rules, so your players can join in with the spirit of the old-timers. They only need to be able to play G, A, B, C, and D. The recording features trumpet, clarinet, trombone, tuba, banjo, piano, and drums.
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home - This march dates back to the Civil War. It was written in 1863 by Patrick S. Gilmore who was a bandmaster for the Union Army. To adapt it for your young recorder players, we have slowed it down a little and set it in 3/4 instead of the traditional 6/8 time signature. The arrangement features a small orchestra of strings, muted brass, and percussion.
- Return Of The Clonebots - Mechanical drums team up with real drums, arco and pizzicato strings, synthesizers, and spacey sound effects to bring this tune to life. Students will enjoy playing along with the funky mechanical groove as they show off their abilities to play high E's and D's. The tune also uses G, A, B, C, low D, and low E.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDFs and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Downloadable component is 30.3MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/