M.C. Handel's Tales Of The Recorder
From Plank Road Publishingby M.C. Handel
Distinctive arrangements and uniquely appealing originals for young players have made these recorder features a very popular part of Music K-8 magazine. These five songs come from Volume 13.
- Frodo's BAG - Your beginning recorder players will think that they are playing very cool, special music with this "Middle Earth Rock" original that takes B, A, and G to a mystical and imaginative faraway place. Students who are familiar with a certain popular movie and book will love it all the more.
- All Through The Night - Though it was written centuries ago, this beautiful Welsh folk song still evokes a sense of peace and calm in these times of conflict and turbulence. It is great for the holiday season, but can be used any time of year. The rhythms are simple, and it can be played with just G, A, B, C, and D. The sensitive accompaniment tracks are especially nice.
- Wade In The Water - For this great spiritual, we've added big band brass to a funky rock setting that should let your students feel like they're playing with the pros. It features low E, G, A, B, D, and high E, and as written, it isn't the easiest song of the year, but it has options for simpler rhythms.
- A Little Jig - Penny whistle, hand drum, acoustic guitars, tambourine, celli, solo violin, and solo viola transform this little jig into a Celtic classic! There are two versions of this wonderful tune to make it more usable for players of different abilities.
- Blue Magic Wombat - Latin-flavored rock tunes are a lot of fun to play, and you and your students will enjoy playing this one, which was inspired by the great songs of Carlos Santana. Featuring the notes low E, G, A, B, C, D, and high E, this tune gives your players a chance to play repeated notes with some separation, alternated with the expressive, legato melody of the song. Here's a great way to end a short recorder unit or add a new belt to your Recorder Karate regimen.
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDFs and Performance/
Both Print and Downloadable versions. Downloadable component is 51.2MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/