From Plank Road Publishingby M.C. Handel
A Wide Array Of Styles In M.C. Handel's Exciting Collection
Distinctive arrangements and uniquely appealing originals for young players have made these recorder features a very popular part of every issue of Music K-8 magazine. These five songs come from Volume 11, and they are favorites of young players:
- A BAG O' Tigers - A little dixieland fun with notes B, A, and G, and a lot of energy when they "roar!" The recording features a real New Orleans-style jazz band.
- Amazing Grace - This stunning, easy setting is accompanied by a beautiful string ensemble.
- Shark CAGE - Kids love this driving rock tune which features C, A, G, and E, and an option for improvisation.
- Scoot! - Your players become a part of a real big band in this tribute to the great Count Basie Orchestra inspired by Neal Hefti's "Cute."
- Orion's Belt - The spacey duet is crafted to allow part 1 to play the familiar higher notes G, A, B, C, and D. Both parts mix rhythms and intervals using nothing faster than eighth notes. Part 2 is for your more advanced players as it uses F natural, as well as low D and C. It provides students with a very rewarding challenge.
As with all Plank Road products, this collection includes state-of-the-art recordings featuring world-class musicians playing real instruments. You will want to share these great songs with your students.
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable component is 47.8MB