It's A Whacky World
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, Paul Jennings, John Riggio, and Karl Hitzemann
This fun-loving collection has versatility built into each song. With a variety of styles and options like adding vocals, other percussion instruments, or just more Boomwhackers®, It's A Whacky World will provide a fun learning experience for all your students. It includes:
- A Whacky Time - This funky tune lets your students get creative while keeping them on their toes. There are two Boomwhacker® parts, Diatonic and bass (the bass part is optional), and a vocal part with room for making fun sound effects.
- Dem Whacky Bones - Here's a fun way to review the human skeleton! The arrangement of this old favorite features students playing Boomwhackers® and rhythm sticks. You'll enjoy the flexibility and relaxed hip hop style of this whacky song.
- The Boompah Band - Could there be a more perfect setting for Boomwhackers® than an oompah tune? The piece works nicely with just one vocal and one Boomwhacker® line, but it can be as basic or as layered as you like. A simple rhythm band part is also included.
- Boompus 17 - This decidedly classical sounding and simple piece was written for string quartet and Boomwhackers® (you don't hear that very often). While there is a modified piano transcription of the strings part, the real charm comes from using the very professional recording. For adaptability, there are two different Boomwhacker® parts, one simpler and one more advanced.
- Whacky, Whacky West - This "Old West" Boomwhacker® tune features a nifty cowboy sound complete with banjo, harmonica, guitar, piano, and temple blocks for the fun "clip, clop" sound. Throw in the Boomwhackers® and a neat vocal part, and you have plenty of performance possibilities.
- Light As A Brick - As Boomwhacker® tunes go, this one is pretty easy, using only quarter notes. The challenge comes in the tempo. Like many of our Boomwhacker® tunes, every note in the C diatonic scale gets a chance to ring out at least once.
(from the pages of Music K-8 magazine)
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable component has 2 files - 18.2MB and 19.8MB