Submitted by Connie Herbon, Iowa
Idea posted December 16, 2002
I checked my stash of seasonal picture books today to see what I had forgotten and thought I'd share my list. The ones listed are paperbacks. With book fair time approaching, you might find some of them as you are browsing.1. Pooh's Halloween Parade by Isabel Gaines, Random House
2. The Lonely Scarecrow by Tim Preston, Scholastic Inc.
3. Dem Bones by Bob Barner, Scholastic Inc.
4. By the Light of the Halloween Moon by Caroline Stutson and Kevin Hawkes, Puffin Books (This is rated for ages 4 to 8, but I've used it successfully for sound-color creations with 5th and 6th.)
5. The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda Williams, Harper Trophy Books (Harper/Collins)
6. There Was an Old Witch by Howard Reeves (This is a takeoff on There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly. I would NOT use this with little ones!)
7. The First Thanksgiving by Linda Hayward, Scholastic Books (I use this with "Pilgrims" from Music K-8, Vol. 11, No. 2)
8. One Little, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims by B.G. Hennessy, Scholastic Inc. (I love this for my K's and 1's.)
9. 'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey, Scholastic Inc.
Our other sites: Recorder Classroom - home of Recorder Classroom magazine | Golden Rule Music - for youth music ministries | MooToobMoosic - music and miscellany | K8 KidTunes - downloadable kids' music | School Music Matters - music advocacy | Resourceful Classroom - for classroom teachers
Our toll-free Customer Service number: 1-800-437-0832. Commercial: 1-262-790-5210.
Copyright ©1997-2013 Plank Road Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved