Songs Of Peace
From Plank Road Publishingby Teresa Jennings, Paul Jennings, Karl Hitzemann, and Mike Wilson
A Hopeful Collection For Young Voices
This new collection from the pages of Music K-8 magazine features songs that celebrate, talk about, and wish for all things related to... peace. This amazing resource is perfect for the holidays or virtually any time of year. Songs Of Peace includes:
- Peaceful - Given its universal theme, this beautiful 3-part (optional unison) song can be used anytime throughout the year or for any event you wish. You can also perform it using just parts 1 and 2, and still have a wonderful result.
- A Candle For Peace - Sweet and simple, this lovely tune begins with a series of short solos and then builds to a wonderful round. Or simply sing it in unison. You can further enhance the performance by staging a candle passing ceremony (we recommend the use of artificial candles), a striking effect to watch.
- May You Have Peace - The sentiments of this beautiful, 3-part song are genuine and from the heart. Just singing or hearing it brings a feeling of peace. To make the song even more special, we have included sign language illustrations.
- We All Need Peace - This song expresses a beautiful sentiment. It would be ideal for the International Day of Peace/World Peace Day (which falls on September 21), but would make a wonderful addition to any program.
- Peace Like A River - African American spirituals provide a rich vein of musical wealth. This great old spiritual has been a favorite all over the world since its first publication in the last third of the 1800s.
- A Peaceful Round - This sweet, beautiful song is meant to be sung as a round and is very simple and easy enough for most age levels. You can use the ribbon/scarf motions we have written on the music or create your own.
- There Will Be Peace - The simple and repetitive melody of this good old-fashioned peace and love ballad will have your audience singing along.
- Go In Peace - Sometimes the simplest songs are the most enjoyable. With such a short, sweet melody and lovely sentiment, "Go In Peace" is sure to be a favorite.
- A Song Of Peace - Bonus Song! - This beautiful song would be right at home in any program. The message is so sweet, so simple, and yet, so profound. A little child wishes for a song that would fill the world with peace. To further enhance your program, a superb recording is provided and illustrated instructions help you teach the optional sign language for the chorus of the song.
All versions now available!
Teacher's Handbook with Reproducible Student Parts & Performance/
Downloadable PDF and Performance/
Both Print and Download. Download is 106.4MB
Hard copy book with downloadable Performance/