From World Music Press/Plank Road Publishingby Walt Hampton
More Zimbabwean-Style Music for Orff Instruments
Mojo means magic, and percussionist/music educator Walt Hampton weaves a powerful spell with twelve more original pieces based on or inspired by marimba music of the Shona people of Zimbabwe. A searing sequel to Hot Marimba!, Marimba Mojo offers a good dose of spice to get your Orff classroom hopping. . . literally!
From the first notes of the preliminary exercise pieces to the last beat of the challenging "Musasa," your students will be inspired to chop 'til they drop. They'll fight over who gets to practice during free times in between classes! This collection hits the ground running and never stops to take a breath. Audiences throughout the northwest United States have fallen under the spell of the fabulous performances of Walt's student ensemble Rugare, a group of upper elementary players from Marcus Whitman Elementary School in Richland, Washington. Your groups' audiences will be left wanting more marimba magic - and you'll have "your mojo workin" - guaranteed.
The 8.5" x 11" book includes:
- Twelve graduated pieces that build on the skills learned in Hot Marimba!
- Copy-OK scores for all pieces
- Suggested arrangements for each piece
- Rehearsal and performance suggestions
- Suggested resources and networking for follow-up
The companion audio recording includes:
- Every tune played clearly in exciting full-length versions, many performed by Rugare Marimba Ensemble (playing Orff instruments and marimbas).
About the Downloadable OptionThe downloadable version contains all the components the print version would, but in electronic format. Files may be quite large: A high-speed connection is recommended. (Visit the Download Help page for more info.)
Two files - 29.1MB and 25.1MB
Downloadable component has 2 files - 29.1MB and 25.1MB