From: Ellen Beebe

Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 10:48:10 -0400

Print List Archive Message

I think first of all I would try some psychology!
These little ones have "learned" that it's possible to get a headache from
running around at recess - and that you'll sympathize with them. (NO
criticism implied - I would totally sympathize too! And I'd get more than a
headache if I ran around during recess, for sure lol.)
I would think of a quiet listening activity lasting 3-4 minutes. Maybe
lying on their backs, doing hand motions so they don't fall asleep? Tell
them you found the most magical music/activity - if you listen to this, you
absolutely won't get a headache!. And when it ends, you just exude
enthusiasm - this is so great, now we can do x, y, z because everyone feels
good.
At the very least it will give them time to recoup from recess, and it just
might change their mindset.

Hosted by Plank Road Publishing: https://www.musick8.com
List Administrator: list_admin@musick8.com
To send a message to the list: MK8-talk@lists.musick