From: Ann Wells

Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 15:17:17 -0400

Print List Archive Message

If I am understanding correctly, where it says "performance in an
auditorium" it is talking about performing or playing recordings at
non-concert events (which it then lists examples of in that bullet point) -
since it is listed as an exception under the heading that talks about using
recordings etc. in a teaching context. It is not talking about using
copyrighted materials in a school concert setting (i.e. your students are
singing at a winter concert), which is allowed without asking for
permission. In this case, "performance in an auditorium" is not the entire
context, you have to keep reading what follows.
That's how I interpreted it, at any rate...please correct me if I am wrong!
~Ann in NC
Ann Wells - annmusic7@gmail.com

Hosted by Plank Road Publishing: https://www.musick8.com
List Administrator: list_admin@musick8.com